libc++, C++11, and C++14 on Leopard and Snow Leopard

Thibaut Paumard thibaut at macports.org
Mon Jan 19 08:38:25 PST 2015

Le 19/01/2015 16:55, Mihai Moldovan a écrit :
> On 19.01.2015 04:37 PM, Thibaut Paumard wrote:

>>> The latest gcc version I had on PPC before my Powermacs died was 4.2.3, which I think is ever so slightly more recent that what Apple shipped.
>>>
>>> I'd go have a look at what linux distros for that architecture provide.
>> Debian's default on powerpc is gcc 4.9.2:
>
> What about Minix? FreeBSD? GNU HURD?

I was answering a precise question concerning gcc: "what linux distros
for that architecture provide".

[...]
> This is why we are either stuck with Apple's GCC or clang. If the latter
> works, that is.

Concerning this question, the bit of answer I can provide is:
Debian has clang 3.5 for powerpc (plus some 3.6 pre-releases from svn,
apparently). I can't say for sure whether it is reliable though, as I am
not sure whether the full-archive rebuilds with clang are also done on
powerpc or only one of the x86 architectures.

Kind regards, Thibaut.