kbuildsycoca5/kded5 weirdness on OSX

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Thu Jan 29 13:56:36 PST 2015

I see kbuildsycoca5 takes  seconds on linux. Minutes on OS X, similar
output on the terminal on both though. A good profiler would help to see
what it's doing. (or I can look at the code itself and add some debug
information). Does anyone on this list know of a good profiler for osx?

In answer to your other thread about kmahjongg, running it on linux/kf5
it's pretty snappy to save a game on linux, I bet it's because I already
have kded5 and such running though.