[138658] trunk/dports/science/ifeffit/Portfile

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Jul 14 22:50:27 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 2:40 AM, David Evans wrote:

> Mojca has been trying to talk directly with the upstream developer
> by email to clarify whether we should even carry the ifeffit ports at all or
> just go directly to Larch.

I actually contacted the maintainer of the ifeffit port (not the
upstream developer, unless that's the same person).

The upstream already made the decision to stop the development and to
switch the efforts towards new technologies (away from Fortran). The
decision of whether or not we want to keep a port in MacPorts depends
on whether any users (possibly old professors) who have no time and
motivation to learn the new tool still stick to the "old and proven"
technology (and rely on MacPorts for that).

Mojca