[138675] trunk/dports/gnome/gdmap/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 15 18:54:58 PDT 2015

> On Jul 15, 2015, at 4:53 PM, eborisch at macports.org wrote:
>
> Revision
> 138675
> Author
> eborisch at macports.org
> Date
> 2015-07-15 14:53:07 -0700 (Wed, 15 Jul 2015)
> Log Message
>
> gdmap: Update perl dependency to 5.22; change to a build-only dependency. Rev-bump to update dependency recording. See #48365.
> Modified Paths
>
> 	• trunk/dports/gnome/gdmap/Portfile

> -depends_lib         port:gtk2 \
> -                    port:p5.16-xml-parser
> +depends_lib         port:gtk2
>
> -depends_build       port:pkgconfig
> +depends_build       port:pkgconfig \
> +                    port:p5.22-xml-parser

> +configure.env-append    INTLTOOL_PERL=${prefix}/bin/perl5.22

I guess this port uses intltool? So it should really have a build dependency on intltool, not p5.22-xml-parser.

The problem is you don't know for what version of perl the user has installed intltool -- you don't know what variant of the intltool port the user has used. So instead of setting INTLTOOL_PERL, our preferred way of dealing with this issue is to autoreconf, which will regenerate the configure script using our patched copy of intltool.m4 installed by the intltool port, which no longer uses the INTLTOOL_PERL environment variable.