[138675] trunk/dports/gnome/gdmap/Portfile

David Evans devans at macports.org
Wed Jul 15 20:03:21 PDT 2015

On 7/15/15 6:54 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Jul 15, 2015, at 4:53 PM, eborisch at macports.org wrote:
>>
>> Revision
>> 138675
>> Author
>> eborisch at macports.org
>> Date
>> 2015-07-15 14:53:07 -0700 (Wed, 15 Jul 2015)
>> Log Message
>>
>> gdmap: Update perl dependency to 5.22; change to a build-only dependency. Rev-bump to update dependency recording. See #48365.
>> Modified Paths
>>
>> 	• trunk/dports/gnome/gdmap/Portfile
>
>> -depends_lib         port:gtk2 \
>> -                    port:p5.16-xml-parser
>> +depends_lib         port:gtk2
>>
>> -depends_build       port:pkgconfig
>> +depends_build       port:pkgconfig \
>> +                    port:p5.22-xml-parser
>
>> +configure.env-append    INTLTOOL_PERL=${prefix}/bin/perl5.22
> I guess this port uses intltool? So it should really have a build dependency on intltool, not p5.22-xml-parser.
>
> The problem is you don't know for what version of perl the user has installed intltool -- you don't know what variant of the intltool port the user has used. So instead of setting INTLTOOL_PERL, our preferred way of dealing with this issue is to autoreconf, which will regenerate the configure script using our patched copy of intltool.m4 installed by the intltool port, which no longer uses the INTLTOOL_PERL environment variable.

Because of (benificial) changes made in intltool 0.51, using autoreconf
for this purpose is no longer sufficient.

intltoolize now needs to be run before autoreconf to completely
regenerate the intltool environment (particularly po/Makefile.in.in).
autoreconf alone does not invoke intltoolize,

The technique now used in many situations is to reconfigure using the
version of autogen.sh used upstream to configure the distribution from
scratch.
See port eog for an example of how this might be done. In the case of
eog, autogen.sh is not included in the tarball so it's necessary to copy
the upstream version from git master into the files directory and
install it from there into worksrcpath prior to configure.

Note that this typically will require additional build dependencies on
autoconf, automake, libtool as a minimum and possibly gnome-common,
gtk-doc if they are used during this process.

Let me know if you have any problems.