[138675] trunk/dports/gnome/gdmap/Portfile

David Evans devans at macports.org
Thu Jul 16 11:44:54 PDT 2015

On 7/16/15 7:43 AM, Eric A. Borisch wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org
> <mailto:ryandesign at macports.org>> wrote:
>

>     > On Jul 15, 2015, at 4:53 PM, eborisch at macports.org
>     <mailto:eborisch at macports.org> wrote:
>     > +configure.env-append INTLTOOL_PERL=${prefix}/bin/perl5.22
>
>     I guess this port uses intltool? So it should really have a build
>     dependency on intltool, not p5.22-xml-parser.
>
>     The problem is you don't know for what version of perl the user
>     has installed intltool -- you don't know what variant of the
>     intltool port the user has used. So instead of setting
>     INTLTOOL_PERL, our preferred way of dealing with this issue is to
>     autoreconf, which will regenerate the configure script using our
>     patched copy of intltool.m4 installed by the intltool port, which
>     no longer uses the INTLTOOL_PERL environment variable.
>

> Passes in trace mode; looking at what happens, it has its own
> intltool-merge.in <http://intltool-merge.in> that gets updated with
> INTLTOOL_PERL at configure time on its shebang line. Buildbots also
> all completed without error.
>
> So -- thanks for the catch, but I think we're ok on this one.
>
>  - Eric

It may work but your port continues to require the perl version and
intltools perl module dependencies to be explicitly specified and
you don't get the benefits of any improvements in the current version of
intltool.  The reason intltool-merge.in exists in your tarball is
because it is the result of upstream running intltoolize with an
outdated version of intltool (in autogen.sh).<http://intltool-merge.in>

If you fix the port as Ryan and I have suggested you can remove the
reference to INTLTOOL_PERL and the dependency on p5.22-xml-parser and
just replace
them with a dependency on intltool.  Having done this you'll be
completely immune to future changes in perl version because intltool
will handle it
for you and you'll have the additional benefit of any enhancements that
have been made in intltool since upstream last updated intltool and ran
intltoolize on their distribution.

I really recommend you update your port to use our version of intltool.

Dave

<http://intltool-merge.in>