[138675] trunk/dports/gnome/gdmap/Portfile

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Thu Jul 16 14:13:18 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 1:44 PM, David Evans <devans at macports.org> wrote:

>  It may work but your port continues to require the perl version and
> intltools perl module dependencies to be explicitly specified and
> you don't get the benefits of any improvements in the current version of
> intltool.  The reason intltool-merge.in exists in your tarball is because
> it is the result of upstream running intltoolize with an outdated version
> of intltool (in autogen.sh). <http://intltool-merge.in>
>
> If you fix the port as Ryan and I have suggested you can remove the
> reference to INTLTOOL_PERL and the dependency on p5.22-xml-parser and just
> replace
> them with a dependency on intltool.  Having done this you'll be completely
> immune to future changes in perl version because intltool will handle it
> for you and you'll have the additional benefit of any enhancements that
> have been made in intltool since upstream last updated intltool and ran
> intltoolize on their distribution.
>
> I really recommend you update your port to use our version of intltool.
>
> Dave

I suppose I was going with the "smallest touch" approach here. If you're
interested in preparing a patch, I'm happy to apply it (or indeed, please
feel free to go ahead and apply it) but I wasn't planning to spend the
extra ergs on a package that hasn't been updated upstream in 7 years and is
working fine -- as measured by successfully building working software on
all the buildbots in its current configuration.