[137005] trunk/dports/aqua/qt4-mac

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 08:44:32 PDT 2015

On Tuesday June 02 2015 09:46:13 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>A user who tries to use qt4-mac with libjpeg-turbo will get a crashing program, if they got a binary of qt4-mac from the packages server, which was build with jpeg.

No, I don't think so. The binary package from the buildbots (or any other build that pulled in libjpeg itself) with be linked against libjpeg.9.dylib from port:jpeg . As pointed out, it isn't currently feasible to install libjpeg-turbo in replacement of or in addition to port:jpeg, not without using a custom port:jpeg version. (One for instance that installs the offical libjpeg in its own prefix, with only libjpeg.9.dylib visible.)

That also means there's very little point in shipping a Portfile with a path: style jpeg dependency; users who have a customised port:jpeg will still need to build Qt themselves to use libjpeg-turbo, and then a small tweak to the Portfile isn't the worst hurdle...