Setting up MacPorts libsolv branch and Testing libsolv search

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Jun 22 06:04:57 PDT 2015

Hey Jackson,

thank you for the report. It's good to see you are making progress as
midterm is already approaching.

On 2015-06-20 14:28, Jackson Isaac wrote:
> Currently most of the options that are available in builtin search
> "port help search" have also been made available with libsolv. More
> options, information and features will be added soon :)

Please excuse my ignorance here, but 'port search' merely queries the
index for matching ports. Why do we need a SAT solver for this? What is
the expected advantage?

Is this meant to replace PortIndex?

Rainer