Setting up MacPorts libsolv branch and Testing libsolv search

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Sat Jun 20 05:28:42 PDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on implementing libsolv SAT Solver in MacPorts as
part of GSoC 2015 with my mentor, Clemens Lang.

Currently we have implemented search using libsolv and added an option
-l to use libsolv for the same.

I would like to share my blog post on setting up MacPorts libsolv
branch and libsolv and some examples at the end on testing libsolv
search.

Link to blogpost:
https://jacksonisaac.wordpress.com/2015/06/20/gsoc-2015-setting-up-macports-libsolv-branch/

Currently most of the options that are available in builtin search
"port help search" have also been made available with libsolv. More
options, information and features will be added soon :)

I would appreciate your help in testing the gsoc15-dependency branch
and get feedbacks from the community. I hope to get great response
from you all, suggestions, comments, etc. and help make MacPorts
project better.

I have covered almost all the things in easiest way possible (I hope I
didn't miss out anything :)) in the blogpost above. I will always be
available to help out if you have any issues.

Also, all my GSoC related work would be posted on my blog under the
GSoC15 category:
https://jacksonisaac.wordpress.com/category/gsoc-2015/

--
Jackson Isaac