Setting up MacPorts libsolv branch and Testing libsolv search

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 22 07:34:44 PDT 2015

On Jun 20, 2015, at 7:28 AM, Jackson Isaac wrote:

> I have been working on implementing libsolv SAT Solver in MacPorts as
> part of GSoC 2015 with my mentor, Clemens Lang.
>
> Currently we have implemented search using libsolv and added an option
> -l to use libsolv for the same.
>
> I would like to share my blog post on setting up MacPorts libsolv
> branch and libsolv and some examples at the end on testing libsolv
> search.
>
> Link to blogpost:
> https://jacksonisaac.wordpress.com/2015/06/20/gsoc-2015-setting-up-macports-libsolv-branch/

Thanks. I read the post but haven't tried installing the branch yet.

It would be good if libsolv would be installed automatically when this branch is installed (much like Tcl is automatically installed). The absence of this functionality means that building the branch will fail for users who do not have libsolv installed. That includes our automated build server, so you're missing out on the benefits automated test builds provide.

http://build.macports.org