pypi

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Jun 23 14:49:44 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> On Jun 23, 2015, at 11:58 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> I'll put it under my user dir, but basically I didn't have to specify
>> any regex url.
>>
>> This worked on its own:
>>    livecheck.regex
>> "${python.rootname}-(\[a-zA-Z0-9.\]+)\/${python.rootname}-"
>> and relies on the presence of some rss site from sourceforge.
>
> Sounds like it's using the "sourceforge" livecheck type. I don't see how that would happen unless you also use the "sourceforge" fetch group or set "livecheck.type sourceforge" (both of which would override the python-1.0 default).
>
> (The livecheck default behavior is admittedly confusing.)

There's a new Portfile for py-spacepy in my home folder. Feel free to test.

I don't want to insist in current situation (with no regexp url being set), but:
- it would be nice if there was generally a way to prevent overwriting
other default values when ports clash
- if we do change default behaviour, we need to test (we cannot rely
that changing defaults to pipy will work out-of-the-box for everyone,
including the GitHub ports)

Mojca