Notes in gpodder

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Fri Jun 26 14:46:51 PDT 2015

On 26.06.2015 11:44 PM, Sterling Smith wrote:
> While I don’t think that the notes of any port are more important than any other port, there is a problem seeing the notes as they fly by in the barrage of output as a given port with all of its dependencies is installed.
>
> There was a thread in the past about how to get notes to stand out more.  Currently to get anything meaningful I do
> {{{
> port notes installed | grep -v “has no notes”
> }}}
>
> Presumably the port dependencies that need to be installed are stored and it would be nice if at the end of a `port install <port>`, there was a listing of the notes of the ports that were just installed.

Isn't current base echoing all accumulated port notes at the end of completing
its command?

I know trunk does and had the impression base does, too.

Thus, this is only a problem iff a port uses msg_ui instead of notes (bad, bad
port!) or command execution fails (I think in that case the notes are not listed
at all, but am not sure.)

Mihai