python + fortran: seeking help

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Jun 28 02:14:28 PDT 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> One of things that I would like to get right are the variants to
> switch between different Fortran compilers (possibly explicitly
> disabling Fortran support by default).

And the other thing is "f2py" which doesn't exist as such, only in a
form of "f2py-2.7" and "f2py-3.4". Or by explicitly adding
     /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin
to PATH.

The question is: is it worth bothering the developers to start
supporting f2py-2.7, even if I would have to set a variable like
F2PY=f2py-2.7.

What's the best way to handle those "-2.7" additions to python programs?

Mojca