repetitive path gives filename too long errors

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Mar 9 02:38:20 PDT 2015

----- On 9 Mar, 2015, at 10:08, René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com wrote:

> In fact, couldn't the trick used by tracemode be used also to map between a
> virtual, compact and readable path visible to the build process and the real
> ${workpath}? That would really be nice just for readability ...

Yes, that code did exist a while ago, in this case to force transparent
building against an SDK without specifying -isysroot. I ripped it out because
it was broken and would have required extra work to fix, which I was not
willing to invest for something we are no longer using.

Additionally, it wouldn't solve the problem. When passing the complete path to
any syscalls, the same problem would occur. Paths might be shorter for user
space (or at least the part of it below darwintrace.dylib), but that's about
it.

--
Clemens Lang