repetitive path gives filename too long errors

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Mar 9 02:54:55 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 10:48 AM, René J.V. wrote:
> On Monday March 09 2015 10:28:36 Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>>I certainly agree that at some point it might make sense to allow
>>building ports in some path with a very short prefix.
>
> What happens when you set workpath to something short like /tmp/mp ?

After you wait for hours and hours for your "port build qt5-something"
to finish (or rather break with some compile error), you figure out
that you need to go home. You switch off the computer and when you
turn it on again back at home, you realize that your build directory
is gone.

Or it might be gone "just because". For no good reason. Maybe a clean
up script deleted the contents because you were running short on disk
space.

Mojca