MacPort selfupdate using SVN

Jackson Isaac jacksonisaac2008 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 04:02:45 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have followed the steps as mentioned at
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/SyncingWithSVN

But when I try 'port -d sync', it says I need to run 'port
selfupdate'. My University network blocks rsync.

Jacksons-MacBook-Pro:~ JacksonIsaac$ sudo port -d sync
Password:
DEBUG: Copying /Users/JacksonIsaac/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist
to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
--->  Updating the ports tree
Synchronizing local ports tree from
file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/
Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider
updating them by running 'port selfupdate'.
Creating port index in
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports

Total number of ports parsed:    0
Ports successfully parsed:    0
Ports failed:            0
Up-to-date ports skipped:    0

Do I need to go to
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports and do
'svn update' or am I missing something?

--
Jackson Isaac
S6 B.Tech CSE