MacPort selfupdate using SVN

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 9 04:33:04 PDT 2015

On Mar 9, 2015, at 06:02, Jackson Isaac wrote:

> But when I try 'port -d sync', it says I need to run 'port
> selfupdate'. My University network blocks rsync.

selfupdate always uses rsync; it cannot be configured to use another method. If your network blocks rsync, then you cannot use the selfupdate command. Instead, use sync to sync your portfile definitions, and on the rare occasions when MacPorts base itself is updated, install it another way, for example by downloading the installer from our website.