MacPort selfupdate using SVN

Jackson Isaac jacksonisaac2008 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:11:49 PDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> On 2015-03-11 11:19, Jackson Isaac wrote:
>> I meant that it doesn't run 'svn update' when I do sync. It just tries to
>> "Synchronizing local ports tree from
>> file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/"
>>
>> The output of running sync with svn was the following:
>>
>> """
>> DEBUG: Copying /Users/JacksonIsaac/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist
>> to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
>> --->  Updating the ports tree
>> Synchronizing local ports tree from
>> file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/
>> Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider
>> updating them by running 'port selfupdate'.
>> Creating port index in
>> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports
>>
>> Total number of ports parsed:    0
>> Ports successfully parsed:    0
>> Ports failed:            0
>> Up-to-date ports skipped:    0
>> """
>
> Okay, this is not as expected, indeed. The code checks for .svn or a
> successful 'svn info' in the ports tree directory to determine whether
> it should be synchronized using Subversion. In your case, port just
> skipped this because it did not find how to sync from a remote source.
>
> What do you get if you run the following command?
>
>  svn info /opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/
>
> What are the permissions on these directories? (just some guess)
>
>  ls -l /opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/

Jacksons-MacBook-Pro:~ JacksonIsaac$  svn info
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/
svn: E155007: '/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports'
is not a working copy

Jacksons-MacBook-Pro:~ JacksonIsaac$ ls -l
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  admin  170 Mar 10 20:10 dports

I had used 'sudo svn co
https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/' to clone
the directory as permission was denied to normal user.

>> I tried using the http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/PortTreeTarball
>> method. For this it shows the following output:
>>
>> """
>> DEBUG: Copying /Users/JacksonIsaac/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist
>> to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
>> --->  Updating the ports tree
>> Synchronizing local ports tree from https://distfiles.macports.org/ports.tar.gz
>> Warning: Cannot check if https://distfiles.macports.org/ports.tar.gz
>> was updated, (Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA
>> certificates)
>>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
>>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
>>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:01
>> --:--:--     0Error: Fetching
>> https://distfiles.macports.org/ports.tar.gz failed (SSL certificate
>> problem: Invalid certificate chain)
>> DEBUG: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
>>     while executing
>> "mportsync [array get global_options]"
>> port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
>> """
>>
>> As a workaround I used http:// instead of https. So it would be better
>> if this is also mentioned in the wiki/PortTreeTarball. Can I update
>> the wiki for this?
>
> What version of Mac OS X are you using? Our SSL certificate chain should
> be in the trust anchors of a default installation. At least it works
> without problems for me on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

I am using 10.10.2 Yosemite. Is it because my University WiFi uses
self signed certificate? (They use Fortinet)

--
Jackson Isaac
S6 B.Tech CSE