MacPorts hosted mdmg

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Mar 14 14:26:30 PDT 2015

Brad,

On 14 Mar 2015, at 22:20 , Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:
> The users I am attempting to serve currently get nothing because installing Xcode, CLT, MacPorts and then installing deps with non-default variants before building the target (octave in this case) is beyond their capabilities or patience.

I absolutely can see where you are coming from… :-)

Did you read the thread entitled

  "A (non)success story of digiKam on OSX/MacPorts involving kde4-workspace and qtcurve”

which I wrote this afternoon? Same thing!

Installing all these dependencies is only acceptable for techies like us, but a normal
user will never bother to deal with all the hassle.

Greets,
Marko