Buildbot cruft: /opt/local/bin/mvn31

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Mar 18 09:45:32 PDT 2015

On Mar 18, 2015, at 9:41 AM, Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2015, at 11:40 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>>> No, not necessarily. The files could also be present because of a
>>> failure on the buildbot (if the build was broken in the middle of
>>> activation step for example, so that files ended up on the system, but
>>> they were never registered).
>>>
>>> I'm not saying this is the case here, but it often is.
>>
>> We know that's not the case here. We know the problem was caused by a line in the destroot block that copied a file directly into prefix, bypassing destroot. This was fixed in r134042 but anybody who installed the port before that will experience an activation error when upgrading to any newer version. A fix for the activation error was committed in r134059, but removed again in r134074. The fix should be re-committed and kept for a minimum of one year.
>
> Restored in r134113.

This isn’t working:

https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-mavericks-x86_64/builds/11615/steps/compile/logs/stdio

--->  Activating maven31 @3.1.1_2
DEBUG: Using /usr/bin/tar
DEBUG: Using /usr/bin/bzip2
x ./
x ./+COMMENT
x ./+CONTENTS

…
…
…
x ./opt/local/bin/mvn31

Error: org.macports.activate for port maven31 returned: Image error: /opt/local/bin/mvn31 already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port maven31. Use 'port -f activate maven31' to force the activation.
DEBUG: Error code: registry::image-error
DEBUG: Backtrace: Image error: /opt/local/bin/mvn31 already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port maven31. Use 'port -f activate maven31' to force the activation.
    invoked from within

Any ideas?

Blair