standard way to require c++11?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:19:04 PDT 2015

On Thursday March 19 2015 14:06:21 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

>>> On newer OS X versions where libc++ is the default (or only) C++ runtime.
>>
>> Exactly. If we key off of {${configure.cxx_stdlib} eq "libstdc++"}, then
>> I think this can be made to work; er, mostly.
>
>I believe this is only safe if you're absolutely sure that all the C++ objects your code uses or links with uses MacPorts' libstdc++ / libsupc++.
 You may be right, but I think we can be quite sure that with Qt4 having been built with Apple's gcc-4.2, those KDE ports I built with g++-mp-4.8 were rather ... metrosexual :)
Unless MacPorts tweaks the environment and commandline arguments sufficiently to guarantee that the link editor finds the MacPorts libstdc++ first (which still wouldn't explain how binaries would get at the Apple-specific stuff in Apple's libstdc++)?

R.