standard way to require c++11?

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Thu Mar 19 11:44:37 PDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015, at 02:06 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> On Mar 19, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Michael Dickens <michaelld at macports.org>
> wrote:
> > Exactly. If we key off of {${configure.cxx_stdlib} eq "libstdc++"}, then
> > I think this can be made to work; er, mostly.
>
> I believe this is only safe if you're absolutely sure that all the C++
> objects your code uses or links with uses MacPorts' libstdc++ /
> libc++.

I know it is possible to select configure.stdlib on a per-port basis ...
but, it's certainly not wise in general & how many folks or ports really
-try- to do this? I know it fails for me (on 10.8 and 10.10:
cross-linking libc++ and libstdc++ from Apple and MacPorts) way more
often than it works, so I just don't do it. I don't really see this as a
major issue, given how well it doesn't work. - MLD