Compiler version on the Mountain Lion buildbot

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Mar 26 23:40:05 PDT 2015

Hi,

I experienced a compile error on 10.8 only.
    http://trac.macports.org/ticket/47273

It is most likely a compiler bug and I need to figure out which
compilers to blacklist, but the thing that surprised me most was the
fact that the compiler on 10.8 seems to be older than the one on 10.7.

Or at least these are the compiler versions judging from the output of
the buildbot:

- 10.7: Apple LLVM version 4.2 (clang-425.0.28) (based on LLVM
3.2svn); Xcode 4.6.2 or 4.6.3
- 10.8: Apple LLVM version 4.1 (clang-421.11.66) (based on LLVM
3.1svn); Xcode 4.5.1 or 4.5.2

Is my observation correct? And if so, what is the rationale for
keeping an older compiler on a newer OS?

Independent of the above question I would be grateful for some
feedback. I don't have a Mountain Lion, so it would be helpful if
someone could help with testing.

Mojca