[134510] dports/x11/freeglut

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 01:55:07 PDT 2015

On Monday March 30 2015 01:40:39 Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
>Actually, I think I'll just do similarly and revbump all dependents.  Unfortunately, that means anyone using the library for their own projects will need to recompile, but that's probably better than the maintenance headache of being different than upstream going forward.  Hopefully they can manage to version themselves correctly now that they're on cmake.

I'm guessing this is about the  compatibility and min/max versioning stored in the dylib, so providing a transition period would mean copying dylib(s) rather than symlinking to them? Still, if you copy only .N.dylib variants that are stored in dependent binaries (and change their internal versioning info) that should satisfy existing binaries until they're recompiled, no?

@MLD: we could probably pull the same trick with the port where we bump down the compatibility version, no? (qca? Can't remember which one it is ATM..)

R.