upgrading/installing in a background process

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 5 01:19:48 PDT 2015

On Tuesday May 05 2015 10:09:52 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>... it's rather annoying (the upgrade should have finished by now if it weren't for that otherwise trivial flush error).

Also, it appears that repeating the `port upgrade` command after it aborted in the activation phase does *not* complete the interrupted procedure.
I kind of understand this may be so that one can keep an older version of a port activated despite having the newer version installed, but in this case it backfires. It seems that the code could check to see if the .macports.${name}.state file is still present and if so, what it says. In the case at hand, the last recorded state is the destroot.

R.