port:bzip2 missing dependency

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu May 28 07:49:31 PDT 2015

On Thursday May 28 2015 16:19:30 Rainer Müller wrote:

>How did you come to this conclusion?

I was playing around with MacPorts on Linux, and there the bzip2 configure script failed because if couldn't find m4. Once I installed port:m4 first (and removed the obsolete 1st hunk from the linux-specific patch), port:bzip2 built.

What surprises me is that I do have /usr/bin/m4 and I suppose that one should have been picked up.

I know Linux isn't really supported (but if base is supposed to work there I have another issue to report) which is one reason I didn't file a ticket.

R.