All KDE ports need a major revbump, due to recent changes to qt4-mac

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 04:53:25 PST 2015

I think I'm preparing to propose another revbump of the kde4 ports...

I've started continuing Marko's work on KF5 ports (the frameworks, for now, 2-3 a day :)). I don't know yet to what extent KF5 and KDE4 can co-exist (KDE4 applications *can* run on/under a KF5 desktop, so clearly some form of co-existence is possible), but I've already run into headerfile clashes.

As a result, I'm now looking at building kdelibs4 with -DINCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR=${prefix}/include/KDE4, which from the looks of it will export KDE4_INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR through KDE's cmake scripts.
Even if this puts the kdelibs headerfiles under that dedicated prefix, I do not know yet whether *all* KDE4-related headerfiles are going to be installed and expected there too (think akonadi, kde4-runtime, kdepimlibs4, etc).
I'm hoping that any headers still installed directly under ${prefix}/include will still be found because that directory is added to the search path by default, and if true there shouldn't be an obligation to rebuild all kdelibs4 dependents that install headers of their own. But in the worst case we're looking at rebuilding all those ports.

(in that light, it'd be helpful to have a way to list or exclude ports that do not have dependents, whether those are installed or not.)

R.