Owner of MacPorts account on GitHub

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Nov 11 02:03:44 PST 2015

On 2015-11-11 05:57, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 12:58 AM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>> Surprise! It's me.
>
> Great.

Good to know! I am glad we found you. :-)

> Is there any chance that we put mirrors of the SVN repository there?
>
> I would suggest to use these for simplicity:
>     https://www.macosforge.org/post/git-mirrors/
> but since they are not up to date anyway, it would be better to make
> new ones from scratch and also include a semi-hand-crafted authors
> transformation file.

I did some experiments on working with git-svn and documented the work
on the wiki. Clemens did more exhaustive experiments for a Git
conversion (keeping branches etc).

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/WorkingWithGitSVN

However, when we put up mirrors on GitHub, we should expect occasional
pull requests, which cannot be disabled. These users need to be told to
submit there patches to Trac instead (for the time being).

>> I've been waiting 2 years 6 months 18 days for this. Thought it might never happen.
>
> At the moment it's the lack of Trac's functionality to browse the tree
> and the logs that has triggered the "demand" for this.

Yes, the infrastructure decay at Mac OS Forge is getting high and it is
annoying...

Rainer