Owner of MacPorts account on GitHub

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Nov 11 02:52:16 PST 2015

Hi,

----- On 11 Nov, 2015, at 11:03, Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org wrote:

> On 2015-11-11 05:57, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Is there any chance that we put mirrors of the SVN repository there?
>>
>> I would suggest to use these for simplicity:
>>     https://www.macosforge.org/post/git-mirrors/
>> but since they are not up to date anyway, it would be better to make
>> new ones from scratch and also include a semi-hand-crafted authors
>> transformation file.
>
> I did some experiments on working with git-svn and documented the work
> on the wiki. Clemens did more exhaustive experiments for a Git
> conversion (keeping branches etc).

I have a work-in-progress state up to r140000 pushed at my github account
[1] (see all repos with a macports- prefix). Feel free to go through that
and check whether anything is missing that you would need.

I took the liberty of shuffling some things around (e.g. I moved the
Pallet code into a separate repository).

I used svn2git from the KDE project, with a patch to fix an issue with
SVN 1.9. My source is at [2]. The scripts and rules I used to convert
are available at [3]. Those already include a complete authors file.

What would still need to be done:
 - Clean up tags that were created and deleted by excluding the revisions
   that created and deleted them in the svn2git rules.
 - Check that the history is nice and clean, especially when it comes to
   merges in repositories that were in the same repo in SVN, but no longer
   are after the conversion.
 - Automate this to a point where it will continuously mirror the SVN.

[1] https://github.com/neverpanic?tab=repositories
[2] https://github.com/neverpanic/svn2git
[3] https://github.com/neverpanic/macports-svn2git-rules

HTH,