Owner of MacPorts account on GitHub

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Nov 12 14:25:46 PST 2015

Hi,

----- On 12 Nov, 2015, at 19:48, Sean Farley sean at macports.org wrote:

> Sure, it could include Jira, HipChat, and Bamboo, if you want. I only
> said 'lost cause' because GitHub is so popular for open source projects.

I don't think we would have a use case for HipChat, but I like Jira (even
though Trac isn't too bad either and moving would be considerable effort).
The Bamboo agent runs on OS X, which could be used with our build servers,
but support for older Java versions is deprecated, which could become a
problem for our older OS buildbots :/

Is Crucible possible as well? Not that we currently do any code reviews,
but it could become a useful development model to make contributions
easier.

> We have the Bamboo service which integrates with Bitbucket and we can
> set up for open source projects. I can do it personally so as to skip
> the form filling out.

> Bamboo just spins up Amazon vms but having these dedicated machines from
> MacOSForge is pretty nice.

Yeah, the Amazon VMs don't really buy us anything apart from the Linux
base builder, which is the least of our problems. OS X on Amazon EC2 isn't
going to happen.

--
Clemens Lang