Owner of MacPorts account on GitHub

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Nov 12 23:39:01 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Clemens Lang wrote:
> Hi Mojca,
>
> ----- On 12 Nov, 2015, at 10:04, Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org wrote:
>
>> Clemens, are you willing to set up some (temporary) repository with
>> regular updates, even if it's not perfect yet, just so that we can
>> follow the changes? (I can offer to run a script for incremental
>> updates on my server if there is a need for that.)
>
> I have a server to do the incremental updating myself, it's just a matter
> of finishing the conversion at a high quality level and automating the
> update (which shouldn't be too hard, but I haven't gotten around to doing
> it).
>
> If anybody wants to help out with that, that would be welcome.

I can check the list of names against mine. It's weird that you had to
manually add some names to it.

According to the definition of a "clean repository", I have some
troubles understanding all the issues. I would assume that many GSOC
projects would copy the core, do something in their branch and leave
it at that. Do we need to manually identify all these cases and create
a branch of the main tree with those changes?

How do you treat the cases when developers copy part of the code
(either ports or core code) to their personal tree and then merge it
back to the main tree?

How many repositories would you make out of contrib?

(Subversion is simply a slightly different philosophy and I never
thought about the many problems arising from trying to "switch the
philosophy" when you end up with a completely different set of
repositories as in the initial tree.)

Mojca