port xmh: upgrade failure due to trace mode?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Nov 24 11:03:40 PST 2015

Hi,

----- On 24 Nov, 2015, at 16:56, Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org wrote:

> xbitmaps is only listed as a runtime dependency, so it is not available
> at build time. Once I fixed this, it failed similarly with a reference
> to xorg-util-macros.

MacPorts installs runtime dependencies before building a package. Trace
mode hides runtime dependencies from the build. Consequently, for a build
without trace mode, xbitmaps is actually there and being used in all
cases.

This is a corner case that trace mode reveals, but is pretty harmless in
practice.

--
Clemens Lang