querying arbitrary variables via `port info --var`

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 13:02:58 PDT 2015

On Friday October 09 2015 21:38:47 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

Hey,

I managed to extend the `port info` syntax so that it accepts `port info --var foo` but of course ran into the issue that lots of variables aren't known when the code is evaluated.

Is there a way around that? Evidently that must be the case to some extent, otherwise the whole `port info --foo` feature wouldn't work. But a more generic workaround, would that be possible, maybe doing the double dereference in a macro/procedure that's in a context where everything from $prefix to $configure.args to $destroot.cmd are known?

Thanks,
René