registry backup (and upgrade --force)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:42:24 PDT 2016

Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> Did you keep a copy of the registry? If so, try opening it with the sqlite
> client.

Thanks for the suggestion. Curiously that went just fine, but it also seems to
contradict the previous claim that any interaction with an sqlite3 db modifies
it. I did a .dump which completed without errors, but the file'smodification
date never changed. Ditto for a .backup .

I could move the current registry aside and restore the backup (or the
additional backup made with the .backup command), but that would be of academic
interest only as the information in the file is now out of date.

R.