ports that contain JAR file

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 24 04:22:57 PDT 2016

On Apr 22, 2016, at 9:43 PM, Abdulrahman Alshammari wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 10:36 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Apr 22, 2016, at 3:46 PM, Abdulrahman Alshammari wrote:
>>
>>> The original installation of the software that I am trying to make a port for, is using the command line:
>>> Java -jar filename.jar
>>>
>>> Is there a port of software that used to use the same way of installation before the port build. In other words, I want to compare the portfile I have with similar portfiles so I can learn from them.
>>
>> Do you mean that you need to run "java -jar filename.jar" to build/install the software? If so, you could write something like:
>>
>> build {
>>    system -C ${worksrcpath} "java -jar filename.jar"
>> }
>>
>> Or did you mean that the user will run "java -jar filename.jar" to run the software after it is installed? An example of this kind of port is antlr3 but there are several others.
>
> Originally, after unzip the file, the user write java -jar file.jar in terminal to install the software, then the user can use it. I think the first choice fit very well. What do you think?

Yes, to a point. If "java -jar file.jar" builds something, then it should be called in the build phase. But if "java -jar file.jar" installs files, then it should be in the destroot phase. In addition, you'll need to figure out how to tell it where to install the files; they must be placed inside ${destroot}${prefix}.