port install v port mpkg | mdmg

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Wed Aug 10 08:23:54 PDT 2016

Hi:

Is it possible for a port to take different actions depending on whether the user has initiated ‘port install’ v. 'port mpkg’ (or ‘port mdmg’)?

My mythtv-pkg.27 is intended to be used to create an all-in-one installer package for MythTV.  I have a VM with a custom prefix for this.  The resulting mpkg needs daemondo, so I created the nasty hack in MacPorts_daemondo.  However, mythtv-pkg.27 could be a nice shortcut for a MacPorts user that wants to install a complete MythTV system in one go.  In such case, they don’t need MacPorts_daemondo.

So, can the port detect ‘port mpkg’ or ‘port mdmg’ and only add the dependency on MacPorts_daemondo in such cases?

Thanks,

Craig