A separate PortIndex for libc++ on older systems

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 27 13:44:59 PDT 2016

On Aug 27, 2016, at 05:47, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Jeremy uses the code
>    if {[file exists /usr/lib/libc++.dylib]} {
>    }
> in cctools and I would like to use that code to make the decision of
> whether or not to create an additional subport or not.

I see this code not in cctools but in ld64. I don't like it at all because it causes the port to behave differently on 10.6 and earlier depending on whether the libcxx port had ever been installed before. (When you uninstall the libcxx port on 10.6 and earlier, it does not uninstall libc++.) If libc++ is required, depend on the libcxx port (which the ld64 port already does, so the check for the file is superfluous). If C++11 is required, use the cxx11 1.0 portgroup.