how about a 'snowleopardfixes' library port?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:47:07 PDT 2016

>> Just another thought, the declaration could be in its own file,
>> referenced with the compile option -include in CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS, with
>> conditional #ifdef to add extern "C" for C++. The unused declaration
>> should not do any harm in other compile units. That way you could even
>> avoid generating patches for the ports.
>
> Starting to sound more like a "just works" scenario. Will investigate.

Yeah - that idea certainly works. Adding this in the portfile:

configure.ldflags-append "-lsnowleopardfixes"
configure.cxxflags-append -include ${prefix}/include/libsnowleopardfixes.h

and lnav builds without touching a single line of code in the port.

Just wrap that up in a Darwin 10 block, and it would appear to be done.

I'll build a Makefile and a portfile for this, and perhaps others can try it out if they wish to.

Ken