[MacPorts] #52081: Ports should require perl5.24 instead of 5.22

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Wed Aug 24 12:05:29 PDT 2016

On 24.08.2016 09:02 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday August 24 2016 20:43:08 Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>
>> It will need a revbump once that's done, but otherwise yes.
>
> That shouldn't actually be necessary; "base" ought to track which PortGroup files a port depends on, so that portindex can parse them if any of those dependencies change.

Uhm but that won't lead to rebuilds...

> Also, cpuid only has a build dependency on 2 perl packages, so there's no need to reinstall the port when perl changes.

You can use the revbump to change the dependency to the new perl version, mainly
to make that perl package a leaf. It's not strictly required, but my personal
opinion is to do that to enable users to get rid of packages they don't need
anymore (and at least I don't like to remove build dependencies, as they will be
pulled in again later anyway.)

Mihai