[RJVB/macstrop] use github ID for maintainer (2fb8aab)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 20:39:04 CET 2016

On Friday December 02 2016 10:49:17 Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52928

> We need emails for reaching maintainers and sending emails from the buildbot, but we also want to be able to `@mention` maintainers on pull requests. Alternatively we could have a plain text file with the mapping. But that's a topic for macports-dev, there's no point in discussing this issue here.

I see the point for email addresses, but maintainers doing a pull request already do so through their github ID. That doesn't include any co-maintainers of course but I'd assume they keep each other posted on things like this.
What does "@mentioning maintainers on pull requests" do, concretely?
(If it's akin to those #sillytweetythingies, aka "hey @RJVB, could you ..." - that looks just as silly to me, if you read the notification emails before opening the webpage :) )

R.