Tcl list-related 2.3.4 -> 2.3.5 changes?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 10:06:55 CET 2016

On Saturday December 03 2016 12:47:47 Joshua Root wrote:

Hi,

>This was wrong all along. The enclosing braces on
>{${nprefix} ${macports::prefix}}
>mean that no substitution will happen, so you're mapping between those
>literal strings. You want [list ${nprefix} ${macports::prefix}] instead.

Doh, yes, that fits with what I've been picking up recently.

Any idea why it worked then? (Or should I go through my Time Machine backups to see if in fact I was using the result of some other operation?)
You've probably realised this is part of a local fix to let `port provides` cope with a symlinked prefix, and somehow that fix worked.