[RJVB/macstrop] use github ID for maintainer (2fb8aab)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 11:35:21 CET 2016

Hi,

If I may add a few more cents to this topic (I understand things are still in flux):

In order to keep the maintainer lines a bit cleaner: would it be possible to consider a syntax where each maintainer has a single entry which just appends the github ID along the lines `currentlyusedID=githubID` (so cal=neverpanic or gmail.com:rjvbertin=RJVB)?

Regardless of how they're used on github I'd have avoided using the @ symbol in the maintainer syntax because of its use in email addresses. I would also only print the github IDs with `port -v info` because they seem to be of little interest to the average user who may only need to use the maintainer email address. (And I'd print the github ID on a single line with the email too, vertical screen space typically being more limited than horizontal space.)

R.