[RJVB/macstrop] use github ID for maintainer (2fb8aab)

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Dec 3 16:43:08 CET 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 11:35:21AM +0100, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> If I may add a few more cents to this topic (I understand things are
> still in flux):

This has been implemented in released in 2.3.5 already, so there's no
flux and we get to keep what we currently have.

I haven't gotten around to updating the guide, though.

> Regardless of how they're used on github I'd have avoided using the @
> symbol in the maintainer syntax because of its use in email addresses.

There is no ambiguity since there are no email addresses without
localparts and email addresses are usually stored obfuscated in
Portfiles.

The output does not contain the @ symbol.

> I would also only print the github IDs with `port -v info` because
> they seem to be of little interest to the average user who may only
> need to use the maintainer email address.

The average user will want to file bugs and assign them correctly in
Trac, which now uses the GitHub usernames.

> (And I'd print the github ID on a single line with the email too,
> vertical screen space typically being more limited than horizontal
> space.)

That's exactly what's going to happen, even though we're putting
separate maintainers on separate lines (in some output verbosity
levels).

--
Clemens