Fwd: Build Failure: (from, 10.6, OS, This, X, builds, configure.compiler=macports-gcc-4.7, newer, on, only, and 6 more

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Dec 11 12:59:08 CET 2016

On 2016-12-11 23:30 , René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Sunday December 11 2016 12:45:44 Marko Käning wrote:
>

>> My goodness, what happened here???
>
> That seems to come from this line
>
>         ui_msg "This port only builds with configure.compiler=macports-gcc-4.7 (from port:gcc47) or newer on OS X 10.6"
>
> I put that in instead of simply invoking the cxx11 PortGroup because Mojca considered I'd have to test that (which I can't).
>
> Should I conclude that the build bots cannot handle unforeseen output but try to parse it instead?

A Portfile should not should not print anything in response to it simply
being opened. (Think about it, does a user really want to see this
message whenever they run 'port info' or portindex?) The script that
finds out which subports exist has to open the port to do so, and prints
the list of subports to stdout.

- Josh