Mirorring distfiles or enabling libcurl/openssl from MP

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Dec 23 07:42:56 CET 2016

(was: Build Failure: cctools, libmacho, libmacho-headers)

On 21 December 2016 at 12:42, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 2016-12-21 04:20, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
>> Can we please configure base on these older builders to use MacPorts' libcurl+libressl/newer OpenSSL (or just a special one we can install to /opt/curl) instead of the host's version?  More and more source mirrors are dropping support for older SSL and TLS versions that aren't supported by Leopard out of the box.
>>
>> DEBUG: Fetching distfile failed: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
>> error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
>
> It would be more favorable to restore mirroring to
> distfiles.macports.org, which is currently not happening. That would
> also solve the fetch problems for older macOS versions.

I agree that mirroring the distfiles again would be ideal, but I'm not
sure how to set that up and it's been months with a lacking
functionality. In any case it could take some hours (days?) of work to
set it up properly and someone should start looking into that. This is
probably a job that would have to be run before anything else,
probably even prevent new builds from starting until done, so it might
be a bit more tricky to set it up properly.

Configuring the builders to use libcurl+libre/openssl from MacPorts is
something that can probably be done in 10-20 minutes per build slave.

(10.5 could just as well be shut down unless one of those two things
gets deployed. Without having a functional python, py-setuptools, ...
and with many builds with unmet dependency taking one hour for not
doing anything ... we're just consuming build cycles for absolutely
zero benefit and annoying committers with build failure emails. We had
4 successful builds out of 200.)

Mojca