Packaging an app

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Thu Dec 29 22:52:20 CET 2016

> On Dec 29, 2016, at 5:35 PM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 29, 2016, at 4:33 PM, Vincent Habchi <vince at macports.org> wrote:
>> I’m trying to create a redistributable binary of grass7. I just read the relevant webpage on the Macports website.

BTW, I notice that grass7 indirectly depends on font-config.  font-config has a post-activate step that initializes the font cache.  When you build a mpkg or mdmg, such post-activate steps are never run.  The font-config port should be modified to include a postinstall script that the installer will automatically run.

I noticed this some months ago but various events have conspired to keep me from doing anything about it.  Such scripts run in a sandbox.  I don’t know if that creates a complication in this case or not.

You should probably check the rest of grass7’s rdeps for other uses of post-activate.

Craig