Guidelines about trac tickets and pull requests

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Dec 30 15:57:07 CET 2016

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
> (a) Press the button to merge the changes, but the disadvantage is
> that committer's email is then "quasi-random" (it cannot be configured
> on per-project basis and I would get my personal email there instead
> of the macports one).

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you can absolutely configure per-project
committer email. The following should do what you want:

> git config user.name "Mojca Miklavec"
> git config user.email "mojca at macports.org"

If you want that to apply to all projects, you'd use "git config
--global". Without that, it only applies to the current project.

If GitHub is overriding the commit author with the logged in user, you
could always work around that by using a separate GitHub account for
your MacPorts work. That's less than ideal though.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448