Distinguishing between deactivated ports than I want to keep and outdated port I no longer care about

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Feb 23 23:45:44 PST 2016

On 23 February 2016 at 21:38, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2016, at 1:43 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> I often deactivate certain "heavy" ports where I want to play with
>> different versions or variants. Sometimes I deactivate clang 3.8 when
>> I don't feel like waiting for the long recompilation of the latest and
>> greatest new version (that will be outdated again in a few days
>> anyway) or when a newer version no longer works/compiles. Sometimes I
>> deactivate universal ports. Those are generally the ports I want to
>> keep for some time.
>>
>> But I would like to save space and uninstall other ports that I don't
>> particularly care about (which have been superseded by newer
>> versions).
>>
>> Is there any way to flag a certain set of inactive ports that I
>> specifically want to keep even after "sudo port uninstall inactive
>> [and somethingelse]"?
>
> The way to flag a port as wanted is:
>
> sudo port setrequested name-of-port
>
> The way to flag a port as not wanted is:
>
> sudo port unsetrequested name-of-port
>
> Or:
>
> sudo port setunrequested name-of-port
>
> Then you can use the "requested" and "unrequested" pseudoports when selecting ports:
>
> sudo port uninstall inactive and unrequested
>
> This would apply to all variants and versions of a given port name, however. There is no provision for, for example, marking the non-universal version of a port requested while marking the universal version of that same port as unrequested.

Thank you.

I now tried running
    sudo port uninstall inactive and not requested
This seems to basically work, but it fails when an inactive
unrequested port is a dependency of another inactive requested port.
(Or at least that's what I suspect is happening.)

Is there any equivalent of "port installed" that also shows whether a
port was requested and the size of .tar.bz2 with binaries?

Mojca