Distinguishing between deactivated ports than I want to keep and outdated port I no longer care about

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 23 23:56:55 PST 2016

On Feb 24, 2016, at 1:45 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I now tried running
>    sudo port uninstall inactive and not requested
> This seems to basically work, but it fails when an inactive
> unrequested port is a dependency of another inactive requested port.
> (Or at least that's what I suspect is happening.)

That sounds plausible.

> Is there any equivalent of "port installed" that also shows whether a
> port was requested

No, but you can show installed requested ports with "port installed requested" and installed unrequested ports with "port installed unrequested". If you want a combined list you could use:

(port -q installed requested | sed 's/$/ (requested)/' && port -q installed unrequested | sed 's/$/ (unrequested)/') | sort

> and the size of .tar.bz2 with binaries?

To see the disk space used by the installed files of a port, you can use:

port space name-of-port

I'm not sure if that includes the size of the .tbz2 archive file. To get that separately, you can look at:

ls -l /opt/local/var/macports/software/name-of-port/